With the Contract for the Use of Spaces and Services, the owner of a property provides an equipped space and a series of functional and use-related services (eg cooking, events and exhibitions).
The main feature of this contract is the offer of services which the customer can use in addition to the simple use of the premises. For this reason, the rules on leases do not apply to this type of contract and this makes it a very flexible tool that allows you to avoid the costs of a lease.
The contract allows to define exactly the characteristics of the space and to describe which ancillary services will be provided. Furthermore, it is possible to regulate the payment of fees and limit the responsibilities and risks for both the owner and the customer.
When using the contract for the use of equipped spaces
The contract for the use of equipped spaces is used in all cases in which, in addition to offering a room, an area, or a location for any purpose (work, events, entertainment), the customer is provided with a series of services without which space would lose its usefulness.
Some typical examples are coworking spaces (where it is possible to rent workstations in shared spaces managed by the owner), rehearsal rooms for musicians equipped with audio systems and recording services, locations equipped for events, shared sports facilities, laboratories, medical offices, etc.
In all these cases it is important that the services offered have centrality and pre-eminence with respect to the space in itself considered. This is because if only a furnished space is made available, the commercial lease agreement (or for use other than the home) must be used. For example, for a room with a desk and printer without any additional services, a commercial lease would be used. If, on the other hand, services such as Wi-Fi connection, meeting rooms, cleaning services, reception, access to the bar, and relaxation areas are offered together with the room, the contract for the use of spaces and services can be used.
What the space and services use contract model contains
Our contract for the supply of spaces and services satisfies all legal requirements. The main clauses included concerns:
- Description of the space: with the identification of the place, premises, any office station, furnishings, etc.
- Description of the services offered: which can be listed in the contract or in an attached document
- Fee: includes both the use of the space and the services. The prices can be listed in the contract in an attachment.
- Additional services: for ancillary services not included in the fee for the space
- Duration: freely chosen by the parties. It can be just a few hours, or monthly, yearly, renewable on expiry, etc.
- Withdrawal: to allow the customer to terminate the contract before it expires
- How to access the space: if, for example, access is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, if the customer is provided with keys or a badge, or if there is a staff in charge of a reception service
- Customer’s obligations: mainly consist in complying with the rules of good behavior inside the premises and is not carrying out illegal activities through the use of space and services
- Limitation of liability of the owner: he is not responsible for the activity carried out by the customer on his premises and is not liable for theft or damage relating to customers’ property
- Deposit: the owner of the property may request the deposit of a sum, to cover any damage caused by the customer and, in general, to guarantee the correct fulfillment of contractual obligations
- Privacy rules: it is specified that the processing of personal data has the sole purpose of executing the obligations deriving from the contract, the methods of treatment, the prohibition of transferring data to third parties
Once you have downloaded your contract we will guide you step by step to complete all the necessary subsequent obligations.
Information you need
All parts data are required to complete the document.
The document can be modified in all its parts without time limits. Don’t worry so if you don’t have all the information available during the interview, you can always enter it later.
- Contract for the use of equipped space
- Contract for the supply of spaces and services
- Space sharing agreement
- Coworking or office sharing contract
- Office service contract
- Temporary shop contract with services
- Contract for event and exhibition locations
Other useful templates and facsimiles
- Transitional Commercial Lease Agreement: to rent properties for non-residential use for a short period
- Commercial Lease Agreement: to rent a property for uses other than residential (e.g. shop, office)
- Rental Agreement for Forester Use: to rent a house or apartment for your employees, managers, and collaborators
- Partial Lease Agreement: to rent a room or part of a property and regulate the use of any common areas
- Storage Agreement for Goods or Assets: to deliver movable goods to a subject with the obligation to keep them and return them
- Rental Agreement (Leasing of Movable Assets): to rent a movable property and any ancillary services